Lin Biao fights the Northeast: It’s better to wait for the second game than to wait for my order

2020-08-01 03:05:18 0 Comment 515 views

The article is excerpted from: The core reminder of the Party History Expo: The outstanding results of the second game have been praised by the head o

The article is excerpted from: Party History Expo

Core Tip: The excellent results in the second game have been praised by the head of Higashino many times. Lin Biao once said: "Some people say that I will fight, and I rely on the situation to know the situation." "It is you who know the enemy's situation." Lin Biao also said: "The combat plan is finalized, the troops are deployed, and the enemy situation has changed. Rather than waiting for my order, it is better to wait for the second bureau to give an order." March 16, 1948, the day after the winter offensive ended. , Lin Biao and Liu Yalou specially went to the second game to visit everyone. Lin Biao praised: "The work of the Second Bureau is very important and played a great role in this war. The victory of the war is based on your work, and its role is no less than that of several columns." Liu Yalou said, technical reconnaissance "is command The lifeblood of a member is inseparable". It’s no wonder that Lin Biao, who is accustomed to only four or five staff officers in field battles, has to take three to four hundred in the second round.Bring people around.

Lin Biao fights the Northeast: It’s better to wait for the second game than to wait for my order

In the spring of 1949, Mao Zedong (first from right) met with the backbone of the Northeast Field Army Second Bureau in Xibaipo Village, Pingshan County, Hebei Province

On September 10, 1948, in accordance with the strategic decisive battle plan of the Central Military Commission, the main force of the Northeast Field Army began to mobilize on a large scale, and its troops were directed at Jinzhou. In late September, the connection between the Northeast Kuomintang army and the Guannei was completely cut off by the People's Liberation Army. Chiang Kai-shek wakes up like a dream,He flew to Peiping and Shenyang to supervise the battle, and was too poor to deal with it. In order to facilitate the command, the Northeast Field Army Headquarters located in the Shuangcheng of Harbin prepared to go south, and at the same time decided to go with the second bureau of the Northeast Field Army to facilitate work.

 Lin Biao visited everyone in the second game and praised: "The victory of the war is due to your work, and its role is no less than that of several columns."

On the evening of September 30, 1948, the night was dark, and two trains slowly drove out of the twin cities one after another. Riding on the second train is the capable head of the Northeast Field Army. Commander Lin Biao and political commissar Luo Ronghuan were in contemplation before the war. On the train in front of them, dozens of radio stations of Dongye Second Bureau are closely monitoring the movements of hundreds of thousands of Kuomintang troops throughout the northeast and adjacent areas.

This is a young technical reconnaissance team. After the troops exited in 1945, the general intelligence of Dong led by Su JingThere were more than 10 people from Shandong, including Lin Fei, Anda, and Chen Tie, who started the Northeast technical investigation work in the department, which soon grew to about 30. In the following year or so, Qianjiang, Liu Shaohong, Hu Zhengxian, Li Xinglu, Yue Jun, Yu Zhan, Guo Lanxuan, Zoe, Tian Song, Hong Hui, He Zhen, Wang Jing, Su Ke, etc. successively came from the Second Bureau of the Yan'an Military Commission. To the Northeast, the detection capability of the Northeast was effectively enhanced. In May 1947, Cao Xiangren, director of the Second Bureau of the Military Commission and Director of the Second Bureau of the Jinchaji Military Region, arrived in the northeast, rectified and adjusted the organization, separated the technical investigation business from the intelligence department, and established the Second Bureau of the Northeast Democratic Alliance Headquarters. Cao Xiangren is also the director, Qian Jiang is the deputy director, and Liu Zhihan is the associate director. There are two offices (offices) under Li Xinglu and Liu Shaohong as directors. In order to concentrate technical forces, with the support of Lin Biao, Luo Ronghuan, Liu Yalou, and Chen Yun and Xiao Jinguang of Nanman, the Liaodong technical investigators were merged into the second bureau. With Liu Zhong of LiaodongWith the arrival of Yu Tianjing, Wei Shengting, Cai Haibo, Sun Jimeng, Yu Keyong, Liu Chengyuan and others, the number of technical investigators in the Second Bureau reached more than 100. In the following year or so, through holding training classes, increasing technical equipment, expanding and strengthening the detection and deciphering force. On the eve of the Battle of Liaoshen, Dongye Second Bureau had formed a technical reconnaissance force with 120 detectives, 60 deciphers, 400 people in total, and more than 40 radio stations.

Cao Xiangren is one of the pioneers and leaders of the People's Liberation Army's code breaking work. As early as the autumn of 1932, Cao Xiangren, who was still a detective at the time, together with Zeng Xisheng, deciphered the Kuomintang army's communication code "Zhan Secret" for the first time in Jiangxi Soviet District. During Jiangxi’s anti-"encirclement and suppression" period and the Long March, Cao Xiangren served as the chief of the Central Red Army's Deciphering Section and became the leading deciphering expert in the Central Red Army. Under the leadership of Director Zeng Xisheng, he and his comrades Zou Bizhao and others deciphered a large number of KMT military secrets.Code, repeated great achievements.

When Cao Xiangren arrived in the Northeast in 1947, the technical investigation work of the Northeast Democratic Alliance Army was in a difficult position. As a result of individual confidential personnel surrendering to the enemy, and Chiang Kai-shek ordering the Ministry of National Defense and the Central Army system to completely change the password and greatly increase the encryption level, the technical reconnaissance intelligence was drastically reduced, and the enemy's situation was hidden in the mist. In June 1947, the People's Liberation Army's defeat in the counterattack at Siping was directly related to the inability of intelligence. In the face of difficulties, Cao Xiangren proposed, "We sweat a little more, and a drop of blood ahead", and took the lead. Together with the deciphering backbones such as Lin Fei and Yue Jun, he created a new set of working methods and soon deciphered the enemy. The army’s high-level code re-mastered every move of the enemy in the Northeast, effectively coordinated with the offensive operations in the autumn and winter of 1947, and made solid technical preparations for the Liao-Shen battle. Guo Lanxuan once recalled: "The difference between Director Cao and other leaders is that he is collecting and decipheringBoth are masters. He is always fighting with us on the front line, not only paying close attention to deciphering research problems, but also good at using Taiwanese sentiments. Under his organization and leadership, everyone was confident, and morale in the second round was unprecedentedly high. "In August 1948, after the southward combat plan was determined, Lin, Luo, and Liu Bao asked the Central Military Commission to agree to formally separate the Northeast Military Region from the Northeast Field Army in order to facilitate the command of operations, and appointed Cao Xiangren as the deputy chief of staff of the Northeast Field Army.

The excellent results in the second game have been praised by the head of Higashino many times. Lin Biao once said: "Some people say that I will fight, and I rely on the situation to know the situation", "It is you who know the enemy." Lin Biao He also said: "The combat plan is finalized, the troops are deployed, and the enemy's situation has changed. Instead of waiting for my order, it is better to wait for the second bureau to give an order. "On March 16, 1948, on the second day after the winter offensive ended, Lin Biao and Liu Yalou made a special visit to everyone in the second game. Lin Biao praisedSaid: "The work of the Second Bureau is very important, and it played a great role in this war. The victory of the war has your work factors, and its role is no less than that of several columns." Liu Yalou said that technical reconnaissance "is the commander's. The lifeblood is inseparable." No wonder Lin Biao, who is accustomed to carrying only four or five staff members in field battles, has to take three to four hundred people in the second round this time. Before leaving, Cao Xiangren said: "Now is the time to desperately, and all personal matters must be thrown away." The train headed south, and the young technicians worked nervously. The trains of Dongye No. 2 Bureau consist of 10 carriages composed of 6 ticket cars (ie passenger cars) and 4 gondola cars (ie freight cars). The gondola is loaded with equipment, horses, carts and other materials, and the ticket car is used for work and rest. In order to keep abreast of the enemy's situation, a radio station receiving antenna was set up above the train that the Second Bureau took. In the carriage of the second office, Qian Jiang, deputy director in charge of interception, and Liu Shaohong, director of the office, Organizing more than 100 male and female listeners in 6 stocks, working in shifts 24 hours a day, focusing on the movements of the three Kuomintang army groups in Jinzhou, Changchun, and Shenyang. Liu Chengyuan, the sixth unit chief, recalled: At that time, in order to reduce the noise as much as possible, the second bureau stopped the electric rollers on the train and switched to dry batteries as the power source for the radio. The detectives sitting next to the receiver could only light dozens of candles and copy newspapers under the candlelight. The smoke of the candles blackened their faces and scorched the ends of their hair, but what they were engrossed in was the radio signal in the earphones.

In another carriage covered by curtains, dozens of deciphers, led by Cao Xiangren, deciphering Kelinfei, and Yue Jun, are immersed in the new secrets that the enemy forces are constantly changing and using. The translator quickly translated the enemy newspaper that was detected and deciphered, proofread and edited, and sent to Cao Xiangren. At the same time, the North China Second Bureau led by Peng Fujiu is also cooperating with the report of Fu Zuoyi Ji to Dongye Second Bureau.The regiment reinforces the movement of Jinzhou. Everyone understands: the battle is imminent, the heavy responsibility lies on our shoulders, the victory and defeat are here to fight, there must be no slack or omission.

"We plan to still attack Jinzhou." After studying the intelligence of the Second Bureau, Lin Biao, who was hesitant, made up his mind again

The train going south Just after driving out of Shuangcheng, I found enemy spy radio activity beside the Harbin Railway Bridge. In order to conceal, the convoy hurriedly picked up Luo Ronghuan at a cargo station in Harbin, headed north first, and then turned south at Angangxi. Two days later, "Northeast Daily" also sent a message specifically saying: Lin Biao is attending the meeting in Harbin. The Noji train travels around the clock at night and stops at the small station every tens of minutes. The second bureau immediately reported the latest enemy situation to the following heads Lin, Luo, and Liu, and then left. The intelligence transmission was extremely fast.

On October 2, the train approached Zhengjiatun. The second bureau detected, JiangJieshi flew to Shenyang and set up the East and West Corps to advance and flanked me to besiege the division of Jinzhou. The enemy's New Fifth Army and the 95th Division are planning to land on Huludao to reinforce the Hou Jingru Corps on the Eastern Front, and advance to Jinzhou with the support of the navy and air force. Lin Biaodun felt the pressure doubled: "Prepared a table of dishes, and two tables of guests came." As the commander of the front army, he had to reconsider his deployment. The enemy’s Eastern Front Corps added 5 divisions and rushed from Jinxi to the north to aid Jinzhou. In case the resisting troops could not stand it, and the attacking troops were attacked by the enemy, the attack on Jin would become a sandwich; in addition, because they only brought one-way gasoline when they went south , The heavy artillery, tanks, and cars may not be able to withdraw, the consequences will be serious, and the liberation of the entire Northeast may be greatly delayed as a result. Lin Biao thought over and over again, and once again the plan to attack Changchun first appeared in his mind, and sent power to the Military Commission at 22:00 on the same day. He suggested that based on the new situation, consider the two plans of taking Changchun first and still attacking the championship as originally planned.

Late at night, NosimaThe train on board continues to Jinzhou. The heads of Lin, Luo, and Liu have trouble sleeping. With Luo Ronghuan's insistence, the three re-examined the situation and felt that although the situation has changed, there is still a chance of winning, and they should desperately win Jinzhou according to the original plan. The telegram sent just now is indeed wrong, but it cannot be recovered. In the early morning of October 3, the train arrived at Fengjiawopu north of Zhangwu. At this time, the central government had not yet responded to Noji's previous telegram. Lin, Luo, and Liu called the central government again, saying that under the new circumstances, "we plan to still attack Jinzhou." This is the determination made again after studying the intelligence of the Second Bureau and adjusting the deployment and plan of the attack more specifically. Dongye’s previous telegram drew severe criticism from Mao Zedong. When he received a follow-up telegram from Noji, he turned his anger into joy, so he called Lin, Luo, and Liu, saying “very good and very comfortable” and instructed on the new deployment. "Boldly let go and resolutely implement."

On October 4th, the train arrived in Fuxin. In FuDuring the new stay, Cao Xiangren and Qian Jiang were ordered to attend the enemy situation research meeting at Lin Biao's residence. The head of the East Field adjusted and perfected the battle deployment according to changes in the enemy’s situation: two additional columns were deployed from southwestern Liaoning to attack with a total of 250,000 troops, another 8 divisions blocked the enemy’s eastward advance in Tashan, and 12 divisions contained the enemy’s west. Enter the Corps and continue to besiege Changchun with some troops or prepare for aid.

According to incomplete statistics, during the four-day orbital journey, the Second Bureau of the East Field provided more than 100 pieces of valuable information and deciphered 6 new secret species of the enemy. From Changchun to Shenyang and then to Jinxi, the operations of the enemy's westward and eastward troops, as well as the situation of the enemies of Changchun and Shenyang, are all placed on Lin Biao's desk. The intelligence is complete and timely.

In the second round, the enemy's situation in Jinzhou was insightful. Lin Biao said: "With the secret (second round) intelligence, we can say that we are absolutely sure of winning."

October 5On the day, Dongye Qianzhi switched to Jinzhou by car, accompanied by 20 cars in the Second Bureau. On the same day, the Second Bureau reported that Liao Yaoxiang issued an order to advance westward and began to concentrate on Xinmin and Juliuhe on the 8th. After that, the camping telegrams of the enemy’s ministries were reported one by one by the second bureau. The Liao Bingtuan plans to attack Xinlitun and Zhangwu in an attempt to cut off the PLA's supply line, and temporarily poses no direct threat to the PLA's attacking troops. Noji decided to seize the opportunity to quickly capture Jinzhou. The Eastern Front Hou Jingru Corps was only a few dozen kilometers away from Jinzhou at this time, and it was the greatest threat to the PLA. To this end, the head of the Ye Division deployed a disciplined, brave and combative four-column on the Tashan front line to block the offensive of the 11 divisions of the Hou Department. As the general reserve team, Dongye Ace Yizong is ready to reinforce at any time. At the same time, the offensive troops continued to sweep away enemy forces outside Jinzhou and stepped up preparations for a general offensive.

On October 7, the Second Bureau arrived at the Guajia Temple and Shuangta Temple, 5 kilometers behind Maniutun, the Yesi Station in Jinzhou. forestBiao visited the second bureau reconnaissance station in person and instructed to take measures to ensure the safety of the second bureau. Here, all the staff of the Second Bureau fought for 27 days and nights, and obtained a lot of information. As Dongye Deputy Chief of Staff and Director of the Second Bureau, Cao Xiangren has been living with the Second Bureau at the Guaja Temple. From time to time, he went to the reconnaissance stage to understand the enemy's situation, adjusted his forces in time according to changes in the enemy's situation, and sometimes went to the decipher, intelligence office and decipher personnel to work together, or to study the enemy's situation with the informant. Whenever important information is obtained, he immediately reports to the heads of Lin, Luo and Liu. It can be said that the second game of the East and the wild was insightful to the changes in the enemy's situation. As Lin Biao said: "With the secret (second inning) intelligence, we can say that we are sure to win the battle."

In the early morning of October 10, the Tashan blockade officially started. The four bloody battles withstood the turn of the attacks of the 9 divisions of the enemy in front of them. Dozens of radio stations in the Second Bureau closely monitored the movement of enemy forces on the east and west lines and the Jinzhou defenseThe military situation. There are forecasts of where the enemy units are, where they are attacking, and which unit will take the lead. However, the situation on the battlefield is changing rapidly. On the day of the Tashan blockade, the Northeast Field Army Command was not concerned about the Tashan part but the realization of the entire plan for the Liaoshen Campaign. The movements of the Liao Yaoxiang Corps will directly affect the Jinzhou Campaign. Global. Lin Biao instructed the Second Bureau: “It is urgent to understand Liao Yaoxiang’s command intentions. Whether this last battle can be achieved depends on the intelligence of the Second Bureau.” During this process, the second bureau has accomplished the intelligence deciphering task he was responsible for. Made a key contribution to the victory of the Liaoshen Campaign.

At 9:30 a.m. on October 14th, Dongye Paozong and 600 artillery from each column roared in unison, and six columns jumped from the cobweb-like traffic trenches densely covered in the fields outside Jinzhou City. Rising, launched a general attack on Jinzhou. Staring at the enemy's changes in the second game, Keep reporting the situation to the headquarters. Su Jing, director of the East Field Staff Office, once said: "The command of the East Field is called the supernormal command. Why? It is because of the intelligence of the second bureau. The field command is often sent directly to the division without passing through the corps or army. No comments on this." Fan Hanjie, the enemy commander-in-chief in Jinzhou City, temporarily moved his headquarters, but he still felt, "Wherever I go, the PLA’s artillery will follow, as if I fully understand my position."

Under the onslaught of the People's Liberation Army from all directions, the enemy was beaten and turned around. The reinforcements were blocked in Tashan Mountain, and the Jinzhou defenders had no fighting spirit. On the evening of the 14th, Jinzhou’s defending enemy collapsed across the board, coach Fan Hanjie and others fled, and Jinzhou’s guns became rarer. Late that night, Liu Chengyuan, the chief of Liugu, was on duty. There were no telegrams anymore. He only heard the low morale of the radio operator on the Eastern Front Enemy Radio sing the bleak "Midnight Song": "The sky is flying with the fireflies, and the high platform is walking.The sound of raccoons, people accompanied by lonely lights, Banger knocking on the five watch, the wind is sorrowful and rainy..."

The battle was on until dawn on the 15th, and the various divisions of the Dongye attack were on the central street, post office, etc. in the city. At the meeting, the 7 columns (including the artillery column) all reported to the wild division, and the battle was over. The wild division reported to the Central Military Commission on this basis that the battle of the war was over. At this time, the second bureau detected that there were still enemy radios calling for help in the old city. Obviously there is still an enemy army that has not been wiped out. The Ye Si immediately ordered the troops to rush to the old city. After another 4 hours of fighting, the whole city of Jinzhou was liberated.

31 hours, 10 annihilation Ten thousand enemy troops. The Jinzhou Tough Battle was the largest and most successful battle in the Northeast War of Liberation. The victory of Jinzhou, the Northeast battlefield formed a trend of "closing the door and fighting dogs", and Dongye completely controlled the initiative of the campaign. The second round was the opposition. The Secretary has played an important role in controlling the overall battlefield.

 According toAccording to the information provided by the Second Bureau, the Wild Division decided to encircle and annihilate the Liao Yaoxiang Corps' combat plan. Lin Biao issued the order: "To annihilate all the enemies"

Jinzhou is like a pole, carrying the Northeast on one end and North China on the other. Pulling out the nail in Jinzhou, the shoulder pole was folded in two, and the enemy was in panic. Chiang Kai-shek believes that the PLA must rest for at least one month after the attack. However, the head of the East Ye was determined not to be afraid of sacrifice or fatigue, and continued to fight, "taking advantage of victory and then encircling the enemy of Shenyang and Western aid, and at the same time encircling and wiping out the enemy that may break through Changchun."

At this time, the enemy forces trapped in Changchun for a long time changed. On October 15, Chiang Kai-shek flew to Shenyang. On the same day, the Second Bureau detected a telegram from the Northeast "General Suppression" stationed in Shenyang to Zheng Dongguo, the deputy commander of the "Suppression General" stationed in Changchun. The telegram was sent using a special code for the Northeast "General Suppression" and the First Corps stationed in Changchun. According to Sun Shicong who deciphered the code at the timeRecall: "Because this code was just broken, we can't translate the full text of this telegram yet, but we know from the fragments that this is a telegram ordering Changchun to defend the enemy's retreat. Director Cao came immediately after learning of this situation. When we arrived at the scene, we carried out deciphering research word by word. When the message appeared in the message such as "immediately transfer to Shenyang...the offenders should be sent to the military law from everywhere...", Director Cao couldn't take care of dinner. Take this telegram, get on the motorcycle driven by the correspondent, and rush to Manniutun to report to Lin Biao." Lin Biao immediately ordered the sixth column in Zhangwu area to march at a rapid pace to Changchun between Shenyang and Changchun day and night. In the map area, block and annihilate the enemies that have withdrawn from Changchun to the south.

Under the military pressure and political offensive of the People's Liberation Army, on October 17, Zeng Zesheng's Sixty Army uprising; on the 19th, Zheng Dongguo and the New Seventh Army laid down their weapons and Changchun declared peaceful liberation. October 18, at the backGao Gang, the first deputy political commissar of the Northeast Military Region, and Wu Xiuquan, deputy chief of staff of the Northeast Military Region, promptly suggested that we should seize the opportunity to quickly liberate the entire territory of Northeast China. Under this situation, after requesting Mao Zedong's consent, the main force of the Eastern Wilderness immediately turned around and annihilated the Liao Yaoxiang Corps in the Liaoxi Plain.

The head of Dongye asked the Second Bureau to find out Liao Yaoxiang’s command intentions. After Cao Xiangren went to the Nominal Division for a meeting, he returned to the second bureau to convey Lin Biao's instructions: "You should analyze Liao's movements, not so many, three or four plans, just ask you where he wants to go, and the second bureau must show intelligence! "Cao Xiangren felt a lot of pressure. After the People's Liberation Army captured Jinzhou, Liao Yaoxiang led the Westward Corps assisting Jin in the Zhangwu and Xinlitun areas of western Liaoning. The radio of the Liao Corps was almost silent these days, and the reconnaissance station had no reports to copy. Without new information, Lin Biao's question could not be answered. Based on years of battlefield experience, after analysis and thinking, Cao Xiangren reported to Lin Biao, Luo Ronghuan and Liu Yalou:The Corps cannot do without radio communication. Without radio communication, it can be judged that the Liao Corps must have stood still and hesitated. "Later disclosed documents showed that this judgment was correct. Chiang Kai-shek asked Liao Yaoxiang to continue westward and regain Jinzhou; Wei Lihuang asked Liao to retreat to Shenyang; and Liao himself wanted to move to Yingkou and evacuate the northeast from the sea. Commanding opinions were different, Liao Yaoxiang was uncertain and painful. Lin, Luo, and Liu, who had always trusted in the second game, accepted the judgment of the second game and decided on October 20th the battle plan for annihilating the Liao Corps in the wild.

After only three days of rest after the Battle of Jinzhou, the various ministries of the East Field approached Liao Yaoxiang from all directions. On October 22, the Black Mountain blockade started, blocking Liao Yaoxiang’s retreat to the south. On October 23, each The column roughly completed the encirclement of the Liao Corps. Lin Biao issued an order: the enemy is retreating to the south, and our army must “take advantage of the enemy's retreat, and"The enemy will fight to the death", in order to "annihilate all the enemies."

To annihilate the enemy’s 100,000 elite troops in a field battle, it has never been seen in the history of the People’s Liberation Army. How did the Liao Corps act on the Great Plains? The bureau is tightly controlled. There are many officers and soldiers from Guangdong and Guangdong, and they often use Cantonese to communicate in emergency. In order to adapt to this situation, the Second Bureau has already trained a group of interceptors who can understand Cantonese. When the Liao Corps was attacked by Dongye in Montenegro Ten Zongs stubbornly resisted and fell into the siege of the People's Liberation Army. Liao Yaoxiang couldn't hold back anymore. In a hurry, he spoke Cantonese and ordered the department through the radio telephone: "Break eastward, if it fails, turn to the southeast. "The second bureau chief, Huang Zhentang, who was on duty to listen to the second bureau, was a Cantonese, and he heard Liao's orders truly. It was a matter of great importance, and Cao Xiangren immediately found Huang Zhentang and said, "This matter is too important. Decapitated. "Huang Zhentang replied: "That's how it is not to be killed." "A questionOne answer, a few words, highlights the pressure of technical investigation work-the office is like a bloody position!

In this period, the enemy mainly used the news report, so the intelligence of the Second Bureau was extremely fast. Lin Biao seized the shaken fighter plane of the Liao Corps and issued an order to encircle and annihilate the Liao Corps on October 25. On the 26th, the two sides fought in the wild. The Second Bureau detected that Liao Yaoxiang's corps headquarters had withdrawn to the Hu's shack, and the Dongye Headquarters immediately ordered the various departments to attack the Hu's shack and wipe out the enemy. Sanzong attacked that night and knocked out the headquarters of the Liao Corps. On the afternoon of the 26th, because the road to Yingkou was blocked by the People's Liberation Army, Liao Yaoxiang gave an order to retreat to Shenyang, but was intercepted by the second bureau. Almost at the same moment, Lin Biao issued the last order: All ministries took the initiative to find the enemy and attack and wipe out. On the 27th, the melee continued, and the various ministries of the Eastern Wild were rapidly encircling, interspersing, and dividing the enemy. Under the fierce attack from Dongye, the Liao Corps failed to form an army, 5 army 1All 2 divisions were wiped out. Liao Yaoxiang absconded in disguise and was captured west of Montenegro on November 6. After the Liao Yaoxiang Corps was annihilated, Shenyang had no fighting spirit to defend the enemy and was unable to organize a decent resistance. On October 31, the Second Bureau detected that the Shenyang Enemy Headquarters reported to Du Yuming in Huludao that "the situation is disordered and has become anarchy." On November 1, Dongye launched a general attack on Shenyang. On November 2, Shenyang was liberated, and Yingkou was liberated on the same day. At this point, the 52-day Liaoshen Campaign ended victoriously.

 Thousands of misunderstandings: the 52nd enemy army escaped more than 10,000 people from the sea

During the period of celebration and summary in Dongye, Liu Yalou was in the headquarters camp The above cadre meeting said: "The technical reconnaissance unit made a great contribution to the battle of Liaoshen. At that time, the situation on the battlefield was changing rapidly, and the commander used the technical reconnaissance intelligence to give orders." During the whole process of the Liaoshen decisive battle, the Dongye Second Bureau played against Jinzhou. ,The situation of the enemy forces at all levels and ministries in Changchun and Shenyang was fully, timely, and effectively controlled. Only in the last few days of the campaign did they miss the enemy's 52nd Army.

On October 20, under Mao Zedong's urging, Lin, Luo, and Liu organized a large force to quickly encircle and annihilate the Liao Corps, while mobilizing troops to seize Yingkou. Because the Twelfth Column and the First Corps' independent divisions that were originally responsible for the siege of Changchun were too far away from Yingkou, it was decided to send Su Jing with two heavy artillery to the Second Division and head towards Yingkou. On the 22nd, the Second Bureau reported that the Liao Corps did not retreat towards Yingkou and the Yingkou area was invincible. On the same day, Lin Biao telegraphed the Second Division only: “Because the enemy did not retreat to Yingkou, there was no fight to go to Yingkou, so he should return immediately, enter between Xinmin and Banshanmen, and flanks the enemy.” The Second Division was ordered to return to the division on the 25th. Intercepting the enemy fleeing south in Tai'an played a key role in stopping the Liao Corps from going south, but Yingkou was attacked by the 52nd enemy army stationed outside Shenyang.success.

According to the situation afterwards: The Second Division of the 52nd Army that attacked Yingkou originally broke the Liao Corps westward in Juliuhe, and on the 22nd it changed defense with the 130th Division of the 53rd Army. In order to escape for his life, Liu Yuzhang, commander of the 52nd Army, ran to Shenyang to get Wei Lihuang's approval to open up the sea channel at Yingkou. He led his troops to attack Yingkou from Liaoyang at dawn on the 23rd, and succeeded on the 24th. Since the 52nd Army did not use radio communications in the rear at the time and its whereabouts are unknown, Cao Xiangren concluded that the Second Division might have moved west. When it was learned that the 52nd Army occupied Yingkou, the various divisions of the Eastern Wild were fighting with the Liao Corps in the Heishan and Dahushan areas, and were preparing for a battle in the Western Liaoning Plain. They were unable to deploy their troops. After annihilating the Liao Corps on the 27th, Lin Biao quickly mobilized his troops and went south to Yingkou to block the retreat of the enemy of Shenyang. Although Yingkou was quickly defeated under the siege of our large forces in the future, the 52nd enemy army still escaped more than 10,000 people from the sea. Mao Zedong's failure to DongyeThey seized Yingkou in time and made criticisms, calling them "a big mistake." Lin, Luo, and Liu reviewed this to the central government, but did not blame Cao Xiangren. Su Jing said: "A wise man must make a mistake when he is thinking about it." "It is nothing to fight such a big battle and run so many enemies." Of course, "There are still mistakes." In any case, we should make a historical account of the facts today.

In September 1948, Mao Zedong predicted that our party would "fundamentally defeat the Kuomintang in about five years." On November 14, Mao Zedong pointed out in his article "Major Changes in China’s Military Situation" written for Xinhua News Agency: It was overthrown.” After only two months, Mao Zedong moved forward the prophecy of liberating the whole of China for four years. The victory of the Liao-Shen battle undoubtedly played a key role. When Su Jing talked about the second game of DongyeSaid: The second game "developed by working hard and summing up experience on my own." "There are three magic weapons for the victory of the Chinese revolution, and the work of the second bureau is also a magic weapon." At the beginning of 1950, Lin Biao wrote an inscription for the technical investigators: "The work of comrades has contributed a lot to the war of liberation. The spirit of comrades to work hard is very great. What is touching is worth carrying forward."