Approximately 10 million people die from food-borne diseases every year worldwide. In the past 10 years in my country, there have been about 150 mass food poisoning accidents every year due to excessive vegetable pesticide residues and edible industrial salt. According to a survey provided by the World Health Organization (WHO), about 10 million people die of foodborne diseases each year worldwide.
In the past 10 years, the average number of mass incidents of food poisoning in my country due to excessive vegetable pesticide residues and edible industrial salt has reached about 150 per year. To this end, in recent years, relevant organizations such as the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), and the International Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC) have all formulated food standards and regulations to regulate the food industry and curb frequent accidents.
Food safety issues have become one of the primary concerns of the society and people’s livelihood. So how to make people eat safer and more assured?
ISO22000 is based on such a premise Surfaced. It is understood that the new standard for food safety management system, which is about to be released by ISO, is to ensure that there are no weak links in the food supply chain and to ensure a safe food supply chain on a global scale.
ISO22000 Food Safety Management System provides a framework for the internationally coordinated methods required by the world. The standard consists ofExperts from the food industry work closely with specialized international organizations and the International Codex Alimentarius Commission to jointly develop it within ISO. The Codex Alimentarius Commission is jointly established by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and the World Health Organization. The establishment (revision) of food standards is the main organizational part of its work.
When companies conduct food safety management system certification, they should understand the following issues in advance.
What does food quality and safety mainly mean? Food quality and safety refers to the degree of assurance of food quality to the health and safety of consumers. It includes three aspects:
Food quality and safety content
1. It is the quality and safety problem caused by food contamination. Examples: biological pollution, chemical pollution, physical pollution, etc.
2. It is the quality and safety issues brought about by the technological development of the food industry. Such as: food additives, food production formulations, media and radiation food, Genetically modified food, etc.
3. It is an abuse of food labels. Such as: forged food labels, lack of warning instructions, false labeling of food functions or ingredients, lack of Chinese food labels (imported food), etc.
Scope of ISO22000
Applicable to all organizations in the entire food supply chain, including feed processing, primary product processing, food manufacturing, transportation and storage, retailers and catering . In addition, other organizations closely related to food production can also adopt this standard, such as the production of food equipment, the production of food packaging materials, the production of food detergents, the production of food additives, and the production of other food ingredients.
What materials do companies need to apply for ISO22000?
1. Business license, organization code (with annual inspection stamp);
2, valid industry qualification certificate;
3. Company profile;
4. State and industry product supervision and spot checks in the past year;
5. Management system manuals and procedure documents;
6. Organization chart;
7. Product description, description of surrounding environment, process flow chart, list of applicable laws and regulations and mandatory standards of the country and industry.
Basic conditions for enterprises to apply for ISO22000
1. The enterprise is an entity with a clear legal status (the product has a registered trademark), with stable quality and mass production;
2 , The enterprise should establish and implement the food safety management system according to the requirements of GMP and ISO22000 management system, and operate it effectively;
3. Before the enterprise applies for certification, the ISO22000 system should operate effectively for at least three months. Have done an internal audit and implemented the unqualified found in the internal auditConfirmation, rectification and follow-up verification
The above is completed, you can apply for intent to a certified certification body, obtain public documents and application forms, and learn about the applicant’s required conditions, certification procedures, and fees Standards and other related matters;
The certification certificate indicates the name of the certified company, the address of the production site, the products covered by the system, the audit standard and the date of issuance, etc. The enterprise that has obtained the certificate shall use the certificate in accordance with the relevant provisions of the certificate and mark management procedures.
Implement the seven steps of the ISO22000 plan
1. Conduct hazard analysis on the processing process and input raw materials.
2. Determine the key control points of the processing process, that is, the places that may affect food safety when the processing process is out of control.
3. Establish strict control standards for the identified key control points.
4. Establish monitoring procedures, including what to monitor, how to monitor, frequency of monitoring, and who will monitor.
5. In the supervision process, if any non-compliance with the control standards determined in the clause is found, necessary corrective actions shall be taken.
6. Establish effective record keeping procedures.
7. Establish verification procedures to prove whether the monitoring system is operating normally.
Passed ISO22000—Food Safety Management System Certification, the company proves its quality assurance ability to the government and consumers, and proves its ability to provide safe food and services that meet the needs of customers and relevant laws and regulations, which is conducive to development Market, obtain greater profits; it is also a guarantee for improving the level of enterprise quality management, producing safe food, and increasing the level of confidence.