Muscle strain is one of the common sports injuries. Muscle strain is often accompanied by severe pain, which then leads to restricted movement. When it comes to muscle strain, many friends will have the following questions:
What is a muscle strain?
What are the symptoms of muscle strain?
What caused the muscle strain?
How should we prevent it during exercise?
What is a muscle strain
It is caused by active and strong muscle contraction or passive excessive elongation Minor muscle injuries, partial or complete muscle tears, are called muscle strains.
What are the symptoms of a muscle strain?
After a muscle strain, the strained part has severe pain , The cord-like hard lump formed by muscle tension can be felt with the hand, and the touch is obvious, local swelling or subcutaneous bleeding, and the activity is obviously restricted. Muscle strain can occur at the boundary between the muscle belly and the muscle belly, or it can occur at the tendon attachment At the bones. Strains may be minor injuries orThe muscle fibers may be partially torn, or even completely broken. Muscle strains are mostly: the back muscles of the thigh, back muscles, calf triceps, rectus abdominis, trapezius and so on.
If you want to learn more about fitness, you can join our fitness group 853753463 WeChat assistant: KGjianshen
Authentication password: 66
Cause muscleWhat is the cause of the strain?
1. Insufficient preparation activities in sports, and the physiological function of the muscles has not reached the adaptive state.
2. Normal training level is not enough, muscle elasticity and strength are poor.
3. The temperature is too low or the humidity is too high, and the quality of the site or machinery is poor.
4. Fatigue or excessive load, decreased muscle function, weakened strength, and decreased coordination.
5. Wrong technical movements or lack of concentration during exercise, excessive or rough movements.
How to deal with a muscle strain
1. Relax the muscle
When a muscle strain occurs, first stop exercising to avoid aggravating the muscle strain . Muscle strain is actually a break in the fibrous tissue of the muscle. Therefore, if there is pain during exercise, you should immediately stop exercising and rest. When there is a muscle strainAt that time, you must rest for a few days before you can continue to exercise. Doing so can make your broken muscle fibers heal. So that the muscle strain can be recovered.
2. Ice compress
It can reduce pain by numbing the injured area. Cold compress also constricts blood vessels, restricts the blood supply to the injured area, reduces swelling, and can also reduce muscle spasms. If an area is painful or swollen during exercise, use ice cubes. It is best to use an ice pack for about 15 minutes every two hours after the injury. For general discomfort, apply ice 2 to 3 times a day.
3. Hot compress
Usually hot compress is used in the later stage of injury, usually 4 to 5 days later. Hot compresses can speed up blood supply to local areas, bring healing cells to the wound, and soothe tense muscles. Hot towels or warm bags can be used for treatment, and hot compresses can be applied multiple times a day for 10 to 15 minutes each time.
How to prevent muscle strain
1. Warm up before exercise, warm up exercises must be active The general warm-up exercise should be about 10 to 20 minutes, and strains can be prevented by relaxing muscles, stretching exercises, and light activities.
2. Pay attention to control the amount of exercise, the amount of exercise should be gradual. The amount of exercise mainly includes exercise. Time and exercise load. Many people usually exercise for half an hour. Don’t exercise for one hour all at once.It takes 2 hours; or when the weight is usually 15kg, it suddenly increases to 30kg or 40kg. The sudden increase in exercise volume is very easy to cause sports injuries.
3. Strengthen the study of sports theory. In many technical sports, if the exercise posture is incorrect or the exercise technique is not standardized, it is easy to cause sports injuries. Amateurs should strengthen the study of sports theory and master the correct exercise methods.
4. Strengthen local protection. For example, wearing protective gear to strengthen the warmth and protection of local tissues.
5. Properly supplement energy and electrolytes before exercise. For example, eat something and drink some sports drinks.
To fully understand the knowledge of sports strains, handle the strains in time and warm up before exercise Take precautions.