Elliptical machines and treadmills are the two most common aerobic fitness equipment in gyms , Can exercise cardiorespiratory function, muscle endurance, and help reduce fat.
Let’s first analyze the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- The impact is small and protects the knee joint. This is the biggest advantage of the elliptical machine compared to other aerobic equipment. Because the pedal follows the footsteps, the impact is reduced a lot.
- Full body exercise. Compared with the simple arm swing on the treadmill, the two hands on the bicycle have a fixed grip. The elliptical machine requires both hands to hold the handle and push and pull the handle, which greatly promotes the participation of upper body muscles.
- Can reverse movement. In operationWhen running in the field, you can run backwards to relax your body, but it cannot be achieved on a treadmill. This can be achieved on an elliptical machine.
- NoCan adjust the intensity. The treadmill can adjust the incline and speed, but the elliptical machine cannot make such adjustments.
- Since the impact is small, it is not conducive to strengthening bones and muscles, which is not conducive to preventing osteoporosis.
- Multiple functions: you can adjust the slope and speed, You can set a certain rhythm or homework.
- Compared with outdoor running, it can reduce the impact on the knee joint.
- It is convenient to calculate mileage and control the amount of exercise.
The risk factor is higher than outdoor running. Due to the high-speed running of the track, if you think about it or turn your head, it will easily cause an imbalance and fall Treadmill.
Comprehensive analysis, comparison between elliptical machine and treadmill:
- The calorie consumption is about the same, for the average bodybuilder, you can practice alternately.
- Elliptical machine impact Small, suitable for heavy weight loss, can protect knee joints.
- The elliptical machine is easy to operate, suitable for beginners, and the treadmill can be set with more changes, which is suitable for exercisers with a certain foundation.