"Energy Party" is our development in the Power+ reader group A brand new discussion event for. Every other week, we will set topics around recent hotspots and Power+ content, and invite all Power+ readers to express their opinions and complain about the topic. After the discussion, IWe will gather interesting or valuable content and publish it in writing. All minority readers are welcome to join the discussion in the comment area, publish your thoughts, and explore the boundaries of productivity with us.
The topic of the first issue of "Energy Party": What other commonly used Micro-USB interface devices around you? Why do you keep these devices?
Today in 2019, there are still a large number of new technology products using the "backward" Micro-USB interface. The coexistence of various new and old interfaces brings a lot of inconvenience to friends who are striving to simplify the desktop environment. Whether staying at home or going out, it is often necessary to bring an extra Micro-USB cable, which also brings an extra burden to the storage and organization of the cables. Around this phenomenon, everyone in the Power+ groupDiscussed.
Kindle has become the most mentioned device. Not long ago, Kindle just launched a new version of Oasis, still using the Micro-USB interface, which caused dissatisfaction among many users. Since the average service life of the Kindle is very long, it has become the longest-used Micro-USB device in the hands of many readers——
- asnldm: Kindle Paperwhite 2.
- anmuyou: hard drive and Kindle.
- Large chapter: Kindle...
- Havertz: Kindle...
- E.A: Kindle.
- zhangallen_3: Kindle, Powerbeats Wireless 2, USB desk lamp, that's it...
Except for the "stubborn" Kindle, gamepad, Headphones and mobile power banks have also become "the hardest hit areas"——
- Sherlock: PS4 controller...
- XenoNinja: PS4 Controller and Kindle.
- ScoRac: Dualshock 4, the pain of PS4 players...especially when you are online with friendsWhen the handle is out of power.
- Sanguinius: WH-1000XM2, Dualshock4, Microsoft Elite Controller, old Samsung Android phones.
- JasonLiu: Sony WI-1000X.
- Joilence: WI-1000X, Instax Polaroid printer
- Voleking: And Bose QC 30, and the power bank a few years ago
- Dan: I The power bank, Kindle, MP4, MP3, and Huawei Honor are all Micro-USB...On the contrary, Type-C is rare around me.
- Reed: I counted it, there is a Kindle (and because the Kindle’s charging portI often don’t plug it in correctly), WI-1000X, Huawei’s mobile Wi-Fi, power bank (ZMI’s 5000mAh, because it’s light), and a small black card. Since I am an Apple user, there are only Apple cables and Micro-USB in the bag.
In the discussion, some readers directly expressed their complaints about the Micro-USB interface, such as—
- wemadefox: Bose’s small kettle sound... Something that was almost 2000 in 17 years, Micro-USB...
- Wu Dengjun: In 9102, manufacturers who are a bit expensive but not Type-C are either stupid or bad.
♂️ Some readers also expressed their frustration with the ``Interface Replacement Plan''——
- Chyln: The Bluetooth headset is Micro, the backup machine is Micro, the makeup mirror of the object is Micro, the mobile power supply is Micro, and the wireless charging board is C, and the rest is Lighting. I was using a Windows laptop, and I originally planned to have a C to L cable. After receiving the goods, I remembered that the company’s computer does not have a C port, and the power strip is too far away. I feel that there are some things that don’t have a C port at all, and they cannot be changed. It can only be said that there is a long way to go.
⚡️ Today in 2019, mobile phone and computer manufacturers are still at the forefront of advancing Type-C interfaces. Regarding why manufacturers are not willing to pay that little cost and replace their products with new interfaces, I will send them to this issue of Power+ memorial (article address: ) also cited an article by Review Geek and conducted a special discussion. However, the replacement of the interface involves changes in the shell design and even the circuit board design. It is the so-called change that affects the whole body. The appearances like Logitech MX Master and Kindle Oasis have become classic products. Only when the large version from the inside to the outside is updated Only then have the opportunity to apply the new interface. This is also the helpless balance between the cost and the market for various manufacturers.
In addition to talking about devices, Power+ readers also shared some of their own experience in cable management and storage— —
- Reduce the length of the data cable and save storage space (SIME, Reed): The main solution to the problem of too many lines and too messy The method is to use a short 10 cm or 15 cm wire to physically reduce the space occupied by the wire, and take it as needed.
- According to the characteristics of the wire, choose different purchase and storage strategies (lc4t): Lines are usually divided into charging lines and connecting lines. The charging cable directly buys a fast charging hub, and then fixes the wires uniformly with a fixing clip; in the connection wire, the unused interfaces are stored in a cabinet or box, so that usually only one or two commonly used wires are left on the table , It is much more convenient to store it.
This is the end of the summary of the essence of this "energy party". What do you think about this love and hate Micro-USB that has been with us for a long time? What are you saying? What are your thoughts on the purchase, arrangement and storage of wires? Join the discussion in the comments section!
Welcome to join Power+ and share your experience with thousands of readers: